• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk Cache Maximum limit not respected

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the picture down here speaks for itself, but the maximum disk cache size is not being respected. There's something to say if it is necessary to have a bit more, like 5% - 10% of leeway. But filling 136GB on a 50GB limit is a bit much.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-12-06 om 14.31.15.png

This is on Adobe AE version 24.0.3 (Build 2) on MacOS Sonoma 14.0, but the same issue occurs on my Windows 11 PC.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to be sure, the 136GB is from one version of AE? Every time you update to a new AE number a new folder will be created for that version and the Disk Cache will only limit per version. So after an update or two you can have about 150GB with a 50GB limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I empty my after effects disk cache weekly, so I don't think it could come from two previous versions. In that case I could understand it if it's at max 100 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, if you empty your disk cache regularly this should not happen.
I haven't experienced this myself, my problem with disk cache is I get messages that there is not enough space on my Disk Cache volume, as if it doesn't understand that stuff on that volume is the cache from previous sessions.
I have a dedicated cache volume, there should always be enough space since the disk cache limit is about half of what the volume can hold. I sometimes get this message when opening after effects, I just ignore it and that seems to go ok for now, the disk cache stays within the limits set.
I'm just mentioning this because after effects apparently seems to get confused with the disk cache settings in more that one way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you still having the issue? Let us know.

I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines