• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk is unavailable error when trying to save

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apps are not working anymore and I cannot save anything because I keep getting an error message saying that my disk is unavailable and I've gotten a couple scratch disk errors and it asks if I want to change it to documents or something like that.

This all started to happen after I was reorganizing everything on my PC, and I wanted to organize my projects properly. I then realized my SSD was almost full and it was mainly all from Adobe, so I went into creative cloud, changed where the save location is set to from my SSD to my HDD, then I uninstalled the programs and reinstalled it to make it be installed on my HDD

I don't know what's going on. And when I managed to open my premiere pro or after effects, I had to relocate the files and when I found it, everything was pretty much playing at 3x speed (only playing fast in premiere pro) and I couldn't slow down the playback speed but I could speed it up. I couldn't get anything to save because it would say the it can't access the location and that the disk is unavailable and stuff like that or it's in read only. I don't know how to fix it and I'm struggling. I've restarted my PC and it's all doing the same thing. I feel completely useless and feel I've broken everything. Any help is very much appreciated.

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Thank you for the help! I have redownloaded and installed creative cloud and it seemed to fix the issue. I dont know how but it worked. I looked up the problem with stuff playing at 2x speed and it was just an audio issue inside preferences (there was an input that I was supposed to have set to none). Everything seems to be working fine, except I cant open after effects from creative cloud, I have to go to the file destination and open it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any exact system info or critical details like your file locations, disk cache settings and so on. That's not particulalrly useful and we can only blindly fire advice at you. Since you seem to have moved stuff around rather arbitrarily it would probbaly be best to actually check your disk health and run the system cleanup applet from your system control panel or manually initiate a disk check from the right-click "Properties" menu for your drives. Similarly, you may need to fix your file and folder permissions on there, because they may have inherited invalid security tokens from the old disk. For the Adobe apps it may make sense to actually delete all the preferences in the relevant Adobe folders sicne of course invalid old information stuck in there may cause all sorts of mayhem. A reinstall never deletes these files, so this could already be the biggest issue. After that you may still need to reinstall at least soem of the apps again, though. Anything more specific than that will require more detailed information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help! I have redownloaded and installed creative cloud and it seemed to fix the issue. I dont know how but it worked. I looked up the problem with stuff playing at 2x speed and it was just an audio issue inside preferences (there was an input that I was supposed to have set to none). Everything seems to be working fine, except I cant open after effects from creative cloud, I have to go to the file destination and open it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines