• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displacement map not properly effecting MOV layer

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adjustment layer with a displacement map sourcing to a precomp with fractal noise to create a water effect. I imported a MOV file into my composition and placed it under the adjustment layer and precomp so that it would be affected by the displacement map. It partially works but it seems like the original mov is also visible on top without the displacement map. Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose the MOV woth your other effects. You're trying to do too much in one step and your complex setup with 3D layers and other effects doesn't make things easier. You have to structure your project suitably.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried precomposing it but it still looks the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Adjustment Layer (Layer 11) breaks completely your 3D pipeline.

Also, for the displacement map to work properly it is better to have the same resolution as your filtered layer. If the size of both differ, you will have some strange displacements. The displacement map effect has one control to override "sizes" to maintain the original size of your displacement map layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every tutorial I have looked at has done it this way with 3d layers and I've done it before without any issues, it's only being a problem when I have a moving layer. Sorry I am not very experienced using after effects. Do you have any reccomendations on how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines