Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

distorted audio between After Effects and Premiere

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if anyone can assist, if anyone has had this issue

i have my audio set in AE and need to provide it to an outside source for mixing. to do this, i need to go through premiere to create an OMF for them to use in ProTools

i remove all fades/stereomixer moves, and reset all audio (music, voice and sfx) to 0.

when i copy and paste the audio into premiere, everything is absolutley nailed red, way overdriven. when i export the OMF (embeded audio), the mixer reports that everything they received via the OMF is similarly overdriven and, in some instance, clipping.

does anyone know of a fix for this, or a better audio workflow (that wouldn't involve me have to redo the entire audio)? or why this happens?

also of note. not with this project, but when i copy audio from premiere and paste it in to AE, AE adds a stereo mixer, with the levels set to 35.57%, even when premiere levels are at 0. has anyone encountered that, or knows a fox, or even a "why the hell does it do that?"?

and while i'm here, could someone at adobe PLEASE address AE's "Edit in Adobe Audition" button, and get that working for multiple audio tracks, rather than the one it currently allows? i can't even cheat it to make it work with a precomp of all my audio. such a useless feature if it doen't work

thanks for reading

TOPICS
Audio , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not a video editing app, so trying to push the developers to create a fully functioning audio editing app inside a motion graphics and visual effects app is not going to get much traction. Do what the pros do. Create your animations and visual effects in an app designed to do that, then edit your movie in an NLE like Premiere Pro, and if needed, do the final audio edit in an audio editing app like Pro-tools or Audition. That's a more efficient workflow. That's how all the major studios and effects houses make movies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, but i am not asking for a fully functioning audio editing app. i am asking why audio copied from AE becomes so distorted in premiere.

my animations are created in AE, as suits the assets. when i work with video, i use premiere because its more efficient and the 'right tool for the job'.

as i mentioned, the audio IS going to ProTools. 99% of my work is achieved inside AE because i've been using it long enough to have constructed workarounds for the limitations of its audio, but this is that 1% where i need to be able to have premiere recognize audio without blowing out the audio levels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines