• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Media Encoder (v2020, v2021,v 2022) have a 8192 pixel render limitation ?

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am trying to render 12000 pixels x 12000 pixels comps from After Effects 2020. Adobe Media Encoder does not allow me to set size to 12k x 12k. AME limits me to 12000 x 8192.

I think my hardware ought to allow for this. Windows 10, Dual 12 core Xeons, Multiple NVME SSD drives, Nvidia Quadro RTX6000, 256 GB RAM.

Is there an 8192 pixel limit for AME renders ? Am trying to render as png sequence for import into a 3D program. Am currently trying to render directly from AftterFx but would prefer to set up batches through AME.

.....And yes, there is a very good reason that I'm working at this resolution so would appreciate responses that address my question and not to wormhole down the whys and wherefores of my comp size.

Thank you experts for any answers.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to render without hardware acceleration? That value very much looks like the typical "power of two maximum" 8k of the graphics hardware rather than a specific limit a PNG encoder should have. It may only apply when using hardware-optimized modes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was not aware that AME had an option to turn off hardware acceleration. I just spent some time looking in AME Preferences but am unable to see where I can set AME to opt for"mercury engine only".

Were you referring to rendering through After Effects ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I wouldn't use AME to render something so huge. I'd render an image sequence directly from the Render Queue, then use AME to re-encode if necessary.  Sounds like you're trying that anyway. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines