• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does H.265 make more motion echo than H.264? any solutions?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to render a video, which I made with After Effects, containing a background-transparent photo moving fast.

I used H.265 since ios somehow didn't show h.264 mp4 videos in gallery a while ago (heard that this issue is no longer a problem), then I got this weird echo effect.

Somehow moving object(in this case, it was "background-transparent photo") remained in next frame in low opacity, and the next frame appeared in same conditions, resulting with two half-transparent images overlapping.

same thing did not happen when I rendered my composition in H.264.

Below are some examples how my work looked (did not turn on "motion blur" option):

▼H.264

dot 264 캡쳐.png

▼H.265

dot 265 캡쳐.png

see the circle remaining half-transparent and the next frame appears in same condition too?

these two are exact same compositions, exact same time, but only render options were different.

I used Media Incoder to render these.

is there anyone suffering with same problems, and any solutions for this?

or is this one of the H.265's characteristics?

TOPICS
FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have some sort of motion blur or directional blur turned on, otherwise the sphere should be crisp when you pause. Are you making sure you're exporting at the same framerate as the source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That simply looks like you have inadvertently changed the framerate by picking a preset and not adjusting it accordingly. That of course would affect all sorts of  calculations such as motion blur or general temporal oversampling.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is possible to get different results with different source; however, what is the frame rate of each source file?  Different frame rates in the source will produce different results with Echo, but settings like Decay can be adjusted to compansate.

H265 and H264 are supported via iOS in the Camera settings if the device being used supports them.  For example, an iPhone 7 or newer.  If you happen to have a device that supports ProRes, I'd use that for anything intended for After Effects.

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines