• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does scrollable panel UI containers have some hardcoded limit of rendered height?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to create a working scrollable container that gets it's height dynamically increased, but as soon as i dynamically populate content, it kind of not render more than ~90 rows of content. The script reports number of rows correctly, and even scroll scrolls the proper amount. However after these ~90 rows nothing is being displayed there. I have even tested if these rows are there, and the script sees them. They are just not displayed for some reason 😕

Trying to troubleshoot it, but cant find any information about some hard limits i might not know of. Do anyone know of such limits of panel area? Perhaps its not just height but the total area like width*height that after reaching some threshold is being cut off?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Ok. The solution to this hardcoded height limit of a container, is to create multiple required, shorter containers stacked vertically, and move each of them with the scrollbar. You welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason i cant edit the post.
Wanted to add, that its not the popular issue of content outside of initial visible area not being shown after scrolling. My content is scrolling alright, up to a point... It does show plenty of rows of content that wasnt visible at the initial visible area, only after scrolling. But i cant get to show more than ~90 lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a bit of troubleshooting, shows that indeed containers height doesnt increase anymore after a point:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-25 065937.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-25 065950.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-25 070002.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-25 070009.png

  This is result when i decrease rows spacing a little to see what happens. And here i caught the text being cut by the container's height.   

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-25 065607.png

 How to get aorund this issue of height not being increased beyond point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. The solution to this hardcoded height limit of a container, is to create multiple required, shorter containers stacked vertically, and move each of them with the scrollbar. You welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meaning: Moving all of them at once with single scrollbar with proper offsets. Why the hell I cannot edit my own posts here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines