• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the SDK provide a noise or turbulence function?

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I am looking to implement 3D turbulence for one of my plugins. I doubt the SDK provides this as I haven't ever seen anything close. I suppose the wiggle expression in After Effects isn't far off as it provides 2D noise frequency and intensity, although I don't think this can be accessed within the SDK (unless as an expression). Plus, I'm not sure it's very close to turbulence.

The alternative of course is to find a library but they all seem overly complex like OpenFoam. I can't seem to find a simple, compact and light-weight library to work with.

Has anyone ever had to use 3D turbulence / noise in their plugins and if so, what tools did you end up using? 

Thanks,

-Richard

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The SDK doesn't give any inbuilt noise functions. Is it specifically 3D turbulence? I'd recommend shadertoy for some simplex 2D noise, I haven't looked if they have 3D noise as well but I'd wager it's out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines