• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downscaling a composition from 4K

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am fairly new to after effects but have a problem I just cannot solve.

I have purchased the “Retro wave pack” by Constantuim off videohive which is a great pack containing 80’s retro titles, footages, backgrounds etc… but all the compositions are 4K (3840×2160) in resolution/size which I want to downscale to 1280×720.

I have tried resizing the compositions using basic composition settings which does not work. I have also tried resizing using the “scale composition” script and also one that I purchased called “rescursivescalecomp” which also resizes any nested comps to the required size. But because the comps contain 3D cameras and movement it always appears outside of the composition window and never scales correctly.

Does anyone have any experience of downscaling compositions when using this pack or can help me solve this problem? I would be most grateful as right now I feel like I am banging my head against a wall.

My problem for reference…. Thank you.

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply drop the 4k comps into a HD comp and choose one of the fit options from the menu. No need to do anything else unless you really want to be overly academic.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and chose "Transform > Fit to comp"and it seemed to work but whenever I move the CTI in the timeline it seems to auto resize itself larger, I can't get the elements to fit the comp window. I'm not sure why this is, do you have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what you are seeing. A comp is a comp is a comp and the comp container dictates all rendering. It's technically impossible for anything to render outside this container. So you either have technical issues or have left out some important info. Since so far you haven't provided any screenshots of the actual project, including the parts of the timeline, it is impossible to guess what could be going on. understanding the structure of the project may be key here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines