• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop from After Effects CEP Panel

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While testing drag & drop we've noticed that dragging from a CEP panel is working fine in Premiere Pro, but not in After Effects. Is there an alternative method of achieving this in After Effects, or are there plans to add support for drag and drop from a CEP panel to After Effects in a future release?

P.S. I posted this on the Adobe CEP github repo, and they sent me here.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if that option is available for AE, but I don't think it's an important feature because the way AE works where every time you want to import any elements it will come on a new layer so as long as your cursor is in the right place you will get the elements where you want, but yes in PP it's very important because it's not easy to get the elements where you want without Drag and Drop directly in the correct place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had several designers request this feature for the custom asset manager we're building. They're able to drag and drop from a file explorer into the project panel, so they intuitively expect this to work from the app we're developing. Are there any other workarounds - perhaps using a C++ plugin or otherwise? If not, I guess we're forced into using a button click to import the asset at the currently selected element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dragging and Dropping should work in AE the same as PPRO. Are you dropping files or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines