Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Dropdown Menus Not Working

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Big Sur and AE 18.2.1

Just upgraded AE, and suddently none of the small dropdown menus work any more.  Things like the "1 View/2 Views" menu or "Active Camera/Front/Left/etc".  And the dropdowns in the Preview pane "Space Bar/Keyboard 0/etc"

All of them appear for a fraction of a second, and dissapear before I can click anything.  It's maddening!  

Anyone else have this issue?  Know of a fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arivl,

Sorry for your issue.

Would you mind sharing the rest of your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? Also, have you tried resetting the preferences yet: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your response.  It's a Late 2013 Mac Pro.  Specs below:Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.28.40 AM.png

I have tried trashing the preferences, but no help.  Quitting the application and then restarting solves the problem temporarily, but then after a few hours, it's back.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details.

Are you on a dual monitor setup? Also, do you have any peripherals connected to your computer? If so, what happens if you remove them?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single monitor setup.  The only peripherals are a couple of SSDs (Lacie LBD).  I'm not sure what would happen if I removed them, as all the files I'm working on are on them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue with InDesign. Resetting Preferences sometimes helps, but not for long. 

Please help!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same in After effects on M1 Mini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. with fonts aswell . doing my head in

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

trashing the preferencs fixed it for me

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines