Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown Menus Not Working

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Big Sur and AE 18.2.1

Just upgraded AE, and suddently none of the small dropdown menus work any more.  Things like the "1 View/2 Views" menu or "Active Camera/Front/Left/etc".  And the dropdowns in the Preview pane "Space Bar/Keyboard 0/etc"

All of them appear for a fraction of a second, and dissapear before I can click anything.  It's maddening!  

Anyone else have this issue?  Know of a fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arivl,

Sorry for your issue.

Would you mind sharing the rest of your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? Also, have you tried resetting the preferences yet: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your response.  It's a Late 2013 Mac Pro.  Specs below:Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.28.40 AM.png

I have tried trashing the preferences, but no help.  Quitting the application and then restarting solves the problem temporarily, but then after a few hours, it's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details.

Are you on a dual monitor setup? Also, do you have any peripherals connected to your computer? If so, what happens if you remove them?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single monitor setup.  The only peripherals are a couple of SSDs (Lacie LBD).  I'm not sure what would happen if I removed them, as all the files I'm working on are on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue with InDesign. Resetting Preferences sometimes helps, but not for long. 

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same in After effects on M1 Mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. with fonts aswell . doing my head in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trashing the preferencs fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as Arivl. dorp down menu's don't appear when I click on them, and when I click on them a second time the menu appears for a split second. if i place my mouse at the place of the option i want to click it will take me there but its getting old fast trying you guess where my butten is gonna appear.

restarting After effects doesn't help much either. im having it now right after i ran the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a fix yet? I'm experiencing the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling with InDesign - ignores half the keyboard shortcuts or lets me briefly use dropdown menus but only up to a point. Am having to cut and paste text into loads of separate boxes just to layout one page. Have updated OS and InDesign, which promised to sort out bugs (my a**e) and have started and restarted everything, mouse included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue over here. NOTHING FIXES IT. M1 2021 macbook pro. SO frustrating. I am also experiencing InDesign giving me the spinning beach ball when scrolling through my pages, which completely stalls everytning and I have to force quit and restart, over and over and over. I can only work for a few minutes at a time. Come on #adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue and it's

very frustrating. Done everything including pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines