• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating forest background and foreground

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to manipulate the amount of greenery in a long still shot and adjust it where it is. Is there a way in after effects to do this seamlessly?

For example

Jabari36509839wasb_0-1713568363082.jpeg

if i wanted the vacant right sky to have some tress from the left.

TOPICS
Experiment , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just duplicating the left trees will inevitably show recognizable repeating patterns and you will need additional footage/ photos. Otherwise it seems perfectly doable, assuming the footage is high resolution enough and not just the tiny image you posted. It's just not going to be a one-click thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would prefer using adobe photshop Generative Ai to fill the area.

expand the canvas, make a selecfion , press generate .
Give it a try, the reult will be outstanding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this be as ideal for moving picture? I intend to use a video clip over 20 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, if this is just a still shot I would never recommend using After Effects for this type of work. While AE does have the ability to duplicate and mask layers and even has a clone stamp tool to clone areas of a layer to other areas it isn't really intended for this type of work on still images.

A better choice would be to use photoshop for this type of image editing. It has all the tools that AE does but many other specialized ones like generative fill, content aware fill, spot healing and the patch tool that would make this type of work much easier and quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow much to think about, I appreciate it sincerely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines