• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duration wrong on import.

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My CH png sequence is 6:37 seconds when I bring it into after effects it's 5:14 seconds. When I set the duration time under settings it just extends the time not the sequence. I'm not sure why this is happening. Also in.CH I'm working with 24 fps when I bring it over it's 30 fps I have to change it in settings. Is there a preset that I can use?
TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Open preferences and check the Import Section. The default for image sequences is 30. Change that to 24 and any new sequences you import will be 24 fps. 

If you need to change one imported sequence select File/Interpret Footage and change the frame rate. If there are multiple imported sequences in the Project you can select the footage you just changed, use File/Interpret Footage/Remember Interpretation, then select all the other footage files and use the menu again to paste the new interpreta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open preferences and check the Import Section. The default for image sequences is 30. Change that to 24 and any new sequences you import will be 24 fps. 

If you need to change one imported sequence select File/Interpret Footage and change the frame rate. If there are multiple imported sequences in the Project you can select the footage you just changed, use File/Interpret Footage/Remember Interpretation, then select all the other footage files and use the menu again to paste the new interpretation to the rest of the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish that was always the case.. I have Prefs at 30fps. Just imported a PSD as layered comp and AE made it 25fps. I usually work in 30fps but I happen to have worked on a 25fps some days ago. Not consistent 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines