Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Afetr Effects -Premiere Pro recurring media offline problem

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a Premiere Pro timeline with  many linkes After Effects compositions (about 8 comps).

Whenever I'm working in After Effects to change something and I save the project, ALL linked compositions in Premiere Pro go Offline. I need to relink them, and I can relink them no problem, becasue the project hasn't gone anywhere and hasn't changed name, but I lose my render files in Premiere and constantly relinking is being a total drag for my workflow.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for that?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Having the same issue, yet it only started today. Its been working fine until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, support have been absolutely useless. No fixes anywhere. They keep blaming the system but they can't explain what about the system is wrong. Adobe fix this!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screen recording showing the issue. Adobe this is really very poor from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary workaround
When the DL breaks, make a copy of the .aep file.
Then in PrPro relink the offline media to the copy. You will probably have to do this one by one.
You may have to repeat the process of saving the original aep and the DL breaking, and then relinking the broken comp to the new aep a couple of times. 
Worked for me, frustrating that I have to have 2 aep files but it's the only thing that's worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues here with the 2022 suite. 

Only workaround we've found is importing all linked compositions again in Premiere via File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition.

Not really a workaround, but it's better than linking all comps every time you change somethin in AE.

Adobe really ought to fix this annoying bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem started happening to me today with dynamic links. 
used both programs for many years, never had this problem. I've updated everything to try and fix it, deleted cache files, but still broken. 

It's a VERY crippling bug.

on macOS 12.4
premiere pro 23.0.0

AE 23.0.0

all files saved in places as I normally would, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later and this is still happening. How's this acceptable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later and this is still an issue..Anyone have a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me too. Dynamic Link has aaaaaalways been an issue for me, but this particular variation is new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasnt this been fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, renaming the AE project file removing all special characters solved the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes YES YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! That was it!!!!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, yet it only started today. Its been working fine until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Prem 23.4 & AE 23.4 - Mac, as soon as you save the AE file all dynamically linked compisitions appear offline, have to re-link... the relink window automatically points to exactly the right location, so no reason why it's happening over and over again. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe?
So many years of the same issue?

When will they fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHA I found out what the issue was and this totally fixed it.... Make sure that Premiere and After Effects are both updated and the same version.🤦‍:female_sign:now it works just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as solved? I'm still having this issue all these years later. I've tried every fix on here, and nothing, still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you make sure that premiere and AE are in the same version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! What a question... 😄 A CC user since 2018 and this Dynamic Link never worked on none of my systems non of my OS non of my PR and AE versions. I always keep them updated day by day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're Mac based? I feel like this is a Mac + Adobe issue. I'm noticing that AEP file directory is changing its starting folder depending on how I open it. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Mac based. Interesting idea... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time you experience the bug, reconnect the links, then hit edit orginal on one of the linked comps and see if the project file directory shows different in the header. I'm just working out of a project that was having the issue constantly, but now working just out of the project following hitting "Edit Orginal" and it hasn't disconected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wow, that is A pro tip. I will def check that out! :)) Huge thanks for sharing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me (PC) and referencing files from a server (may be relevant):

TIM_Producer6_1-1695395302494.png

It will bring your Windows File Explorer Window to find the last location of the AE file, BUT don't just click the project file that shows up in the initial window, instead go to a seperate windows file explorer window and navigate to your project's location, copy your file path from there and paste it into the windows file explorer window that After Effects had launched, then click your AE project file you want it to link to. For whatever reason, this works for me and I can now save in After Effects and not lose connection to linked comps in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines