• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link issue with AE 2020

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I switched from After Effects CC 2018 to After Effects 2020, and I have been having an issue. I typically render through Media Encoder, but when I go to render my project from AE 2020 it says it is not able to connect to the Dynamic Link server. I discovered the reason for this was because I had third party plugins that were not properly downloaded into the newer version of After Effects. So, I deleted them from After Effects and re-downloaded the plugins. However, when I go to render it, I am still presented with the same issue. I am wondering if the plugins are in the incorrect folder. Could someone please let me know how to fix this? Thank you! *AME and AE are both 2020. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your builds have to be of the same version. Your system must be compatible. Without workflow and system details it's pretty hard to make a reasonable guess. I'm having no problems OSX 10.14.6 and all current releases of AE, Media Encoder, Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest CC 2020 versions: After Effects 17.1.1 and AME 14.3 and am running Catalina 10.15.2 on my iMac. I started having this issue several months ago and have diligently upgraded to the latest versions in both applications with the hope and expectation that this issue was going to FIXED. My workflow is severely comporomised by having to render everything in AE and then again in AME to get an MP4 result...and why did AE get rid of the H.264 ouput??? Please advise and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi athenagigi,

We understand that this isn’t an ideal situation for you and the After Effects team has been working hard to fix it. The good news is that they are testing a fix in the latest beta build of After Effects. If you’re interested to give it a shot, you can download the beta version from your Creative Cloud desktop application. Choose the Beta apps category on the left side in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Beta apps are a separate install and don’t interfere with other Adobe apps.

More info on public beta:
Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/
FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Let us know if the beta version fixes this for you.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem. Downloading the betas for the new encoder and the new AE worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE! The problems were instantly solved by installing the beta. This problem came out of nowhere on both my laptop and desktop and was starting to go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was like, destroy-the-computer livid pissed I couldn't get AME to work. Luckily, installing the beta version of the apps fixed it. Thank you, Nishu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it worked and thanks for sharing your feedback. Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame that ALL official Adobe releases nowadays are so buggy that they feel like BETA releases.

I updated both AE and AME to the latest versions (17.1.3 for AE and 14.3.2 for AME) and I still get the same issue on a pretty new Mac with 16GB Ram.

Any ideas when a possible solution is coming soon because after all this is quite a fundamental feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the solution for this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are experiencing all the symptoms that the rest of us were in this
thread and using a Mac the solution is a new laptop/computer...sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After Effects version 17.1 has been released with a fix for this issue. Please install the update and see how it goes.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just recently updated all my apps with no issues before and I'm now having they dynamic link issue that the people above are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still not fixed.
Working with After Effects 17.5.1 (Build 47) and Adobe Media Encoder Version 14.6 (Build 42). Has anybody a solution.
I'm desperate, good projects that needs to be finished .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my After Effects and ME to the recent releases in hopes to solve this sudden issue! I havebeen frustrated with this problem for almost a week now. The new update DOES NOT work for me! Not only is the preview (when it eventually links to the project) show that the colours are completely changed to bright greens and pinks from blacks and browns, it has now started interfering with my Macbook Pro, causing it to freeze and crash. Our work in the industry using after effects for whatever reason is often dependent on our speed and how quickly we can deliver a high quality product, THIS PROBLEM has completely thrown me off my workflow and has added hours to my render time and delivery speed! This is unacceptable! For any other users experiencing this problem, for me the only work around is to render natively in After effects (and as we all know this takes forever) then to take the MOV and transfer it to Media encoder removing the issue of the Dynamic link problem. Adobe, PLEASE FIX this??? Im struggling to understand how these updates have been allowed to be released? I understand that the updates get tested before hand by professionals and within the team, but HOW were they able to render through Media Encoder without experiencing the same problem?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No Ae -> Me rendering. No warp stabilzing. No camera tracking. I als am a design proffesional. Freelance and im having seriouse delivery issues now. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting having this same issue today (not able to connect to the Dynamic Link server) with After Effects 17.6 / Media Encoder 14.8 using macOS Big Sur 11.2. I was not having this issue yesterday before updating to the lastest versions of After Effects and Media Encoder.

Are there any new fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with the most current AE & AME, as well as the most current Beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also still experiencing the issue with the latest release AE v17.7 and ME v14.9. How is this acceptable behavior from Adobe? It has been an unacceptable issue for years and it is a CORE feature that literally stops us from working. Blows my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having so many problems since I allowed the update of AE. I have had 1 year of trouble free working up until today. My laptop has not changed in any way.

(1) The inital issue was After Effects would no longer pass any files over to the media encoder. Software updated at this point.

(2) When trying to open After Effects, it just hangs! "Initializing Required Resources" - If I uninstall and reinstall I occasionaly get back it.

(3) On the one occasion in Media Encoder, it just sat at trying to connect to the Dynamic Link Library then failed!

(3) When I do get back in to After Effects, Media Encoder will not load at all now!!

I have reinsalled all Adobe software and video drivers for good measure. Same issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just anoying, latest version of both After Effects (18.0) & Media Encoder (15.0), fresh installs on Big Sur 11.1 and I can't deliver the work on time because Adobe release their software with this kind of critical bugs.

How is that even possible that no one noticed that you can export through Dynamic Link since there's the only way to export to the most common used codec H264 that Adobe removed a year ago? I just disappointing.

Thanks Adobe for letting me down with this project, thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can get it to work is if I collect files under Dependencies, then open the new file. Then I export the comp to AME and wait for it to fail the first time. Without doing anything differently, I export it a second time, and the second time it often works. Way WAY less than ideal, but maybe this will work for you too.

There was a new update for both AE and AME this morning, and I still had to do this in order to export a video. (After Effects v18.0 / Adobe Media Encoder v15.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here I am with 3 different versions of After Effects (17.7, 18.0 & 18.1 Beta) installed and none of them working.

My god...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel for you. I had to go back to AE 2020. It opens on the 2nd or 3rd attempt (if i'm lucky) and I can no longer use Media Encoder, as it either does not load, or Dynamic link does not work and nothing gets passed into the render queue!

ADOBE!!!!! THERE IS A PROBLEM. What is the solution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's looks like I'll have to download a copy of AE 2020 from some pirate website since Creative Cloud don't allow me to install and other version than 17.7.

Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines