• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic premier seq proxy import to after

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing premier sequence into after effects, How after relate to the proxy inside premier?

It seems that the quality inside after doesn't afftect when I turn toggle ON OFF the proxy inside premier.

It's clear that the picture quality inside after, is lower than the raw material inside premier. 

Can I be sure that when I will export through after, after will export the premier sequnce in the same quliaty as that raw file from premier

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to clear out the disk caches after toggling proxies. AE will resort to the cache and temp files generated by DynamicLink, not necessarily the actual source file. AE doesn't even know that it is working on an Premiere proxy. There simply are limitations to this process.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if the process is limited, is it all depends on the moment of importing the seq? if the proxy were ON or OFF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Dynamic Link all the time to create AE comps from individual shots in a Premiere Pro sequence, but there is a catch.

Most of my comps are complex composites, many end up with dozens of layers. Some end up with hundreds of layers. If my DL Comps (Dynamic Link Comps) won't render faster than three or four frames a second, I Pre-compose the entire comp, then use the Composition Menu to Pre-render and replace the layers in the Nested comp so that Premiere Pro does not have to take the time to re-render all of the layers and effects using a background copy of After Effects. 

If I know in advance that the comp will be complex, as soon as I have created it and saved the AE project, I return to Premiere Pro and undo the "Create After Effects Composition from Selected" so I don't have to worry about slow render times in Premiere Pro when I replace the shot with the effects shot.

I would be surprised if more than 5% of my DL Comps are not pre-rendered in AE. More than half of them only use DL to create a comp and get the footage into After Effects. 

Rendering a nested comp in a Premiere Pro timeline will always take longer than rendering in the Render Queue and usually take longer than rendering with the Media Encoder because Premiere Pro has to open up a copy of AE in the background to do the render. 

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I always rename the clip and change the label color in Premiere before creating a new DL Comp. Doing that makes keeping track of the project easier and supports the file naming and organizing conventions I use for every project.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rick, thank you for sharing your experience and work flow.

But, my situation is when you work inside after effects on a linked premier sequence..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines