• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Essential Graphics when already used in Premiere Pro.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am making a lot of animations recently and using them as Essential Graphics in Premiere. But I keep running in to a problem when I need to make a change in the animation itself. I need to export the .mogrt file again and import it in Premiere. After this I have to manually replace all the animations I placed there before.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The clever thing to do might be to set up your project in a way you can more easily fix things by using (more) pre-compositions, but as soon as you mess with the exposed parameters or apply other structural changes everything is gone. It's a limitation of the process.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, 

Thanks for the response. I think the precomps won't really help me because every animation will be different. (I am showing different locations and days in the animation). So you are pretty much saying:"Don't mess up"? haha

Sound like a functionality Adobe could add in a future update. Do you know by any change if there is a page to post new ideas?

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new post under the "Ideas" tab here on the forum. That's how public feature requests are handled now that User Voice is a thing of the past.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that the AE artist and Premeire Pro editor are the same person.

Would an alternative to your current workflow work for you. You could just import the AE comps natively. This is what I do when I have animations that need to change and be updated often.

Mogrt are really intended for template work, things that aren't going to change often or shoudn't be cahnged by the editor after being created. As such they don't use the same type of linking system that imported files use, they are more like a copy/paste behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I use that workflow for other videos. But now I am making a documentary. And my idea was to use the MOGRT's to indicate the different days and locations (for over a timespan of 14 days).

If I would make different AE comps for every animation the file will be getting huge. Also if I want to make any changes I still have a lot of work changing it in tens of comps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think of MoGRTs as a file format then it becomes a solution for more than templates. I've developed what are essentially plugins based on the MoGRT file format; taking advantage of its ability to work with PPro largely seamlessly and this allows editors to do some of the stuff that was formerly done by a Motion Graphics Artist. 

On your specific use-case, the number of days are repeatable and this lends itself well for customization. The issue is with the locations and how such information is to be displayed. If these locations can be made selectable by the user/editor then using MoGRTs may be viable. 

HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well both 'days template' and 'location template' are just text animations. So the only input from me in Premiere will be the text. What solution will your plugin give me exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin thingy is more of a text engine. Your use-case sounds like a something requiring a custom solution. I suggest you post a screen cap of the Composition Panel or MP4 AND also the current Essential Graphics Panel and describe how text is being input now, both in PPro and AE. With some assistance, you might be able to complete the task on your own but it'll require a fair bit of Expressions/Javascript.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! But I guess that will be too much of a hassle for me. I'll make sure to post this problem as an idea on the ideas discussion page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace all instances of a MoGRT in a PPro Timeline by dragging a/new MoGRT from the EGP and holding down the ALT/Option as you drop IT over an existing MoGRT. For this to work, the old and new MoGRTs should have the same name. 

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might work, ill check it out! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines