• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

effects on mask extend beyond border and are clipped. how do I get the effects to bleed through?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am learning more and more by the day, and reading through the community has helped.  I apologize if I do not use the proper terms.  ( am learning them as well still). I have a mask that I have applied an effect to.  These effects (saber) extend beyond the border of the mask. making it look like a fire in a rectangle.  How do I set this up so that the effect follows the mask and can still have room exist without clipping?  Thank you in advance....  
I have autotraced a friends logo to create the paths screenshot below...  

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 17.46.24.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the "Grow Bounds" effect, not sure if it works for this, since it never works for me. Make sure the effect is above Saber.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for the suggestion.  I however made the mistake in the way i used this.  I pasted the mask to a new layer with the right size and I am now good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines