Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D - Apply Scene Setup settings to different Element 3D layers

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a project with 3 Element layers with the same objects, but with different animations placed in different comps.
I'd like to know if is possible to apply the settings from the scene setup of one of those layers for the others.

For instance, I'd like to use the same environment settings for all layers, but for now, I need to open the scene setup for each layer to adjust the environment setting to be the same for all of them.

I was thinking of something like a master property or parent linking between the layers. Is that possible with the inner Element 3D scene setup properties?

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Some of that is saved with the materials, but that is as far as it gets. Stuff that's not vissible in the normal effect interface cannot be linked or copy & pasted because in strict AE terms it doesn't exist when it has no property stream. It's a limitation you have to live with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of that is saved with the materials, but that is as far as it gets. Stuff that's not vissible in the normal effect interface cannot be linked or copy & pasted because in strict AE terms it doesn't exist when it has no property stream. It's a limitation you have to live with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium. 

You're right. Unfortunately it's not possible.
I've contacted the VideoCopilot support and they gave me some options like duplicate the element effect to the other composition and then paste the animation to the new duplicate, or (not for scene setup) save model presets by right-clicking them as well.
But none of these solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines