• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3d Crashing!

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new build of After Effects, (17.1.1) Element 3d, video copilot's plugin, freezes and I  get the swirly mouse rainbow thing. Is this an After effects problem, or do I need to contact Video Copilot? 

-James

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having no problems with the latest release of Element and the current build of the last 3 versions of After Effects running on an iMac pro or my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.14.6. 

If you have a different configuration please give us OS, machine, and AE version details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

processor: 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

graphics: Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

It just freezes up and doesn't respond. pretty sure I have the latest version... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest build of AE compatible with Catalina is 17.1.1  No other versions (16 or lower) are compatible with Catalina. It would not surprise me at all that the problem lies with Element 3D and Catalina. Make sure you are running Element 2.2.2. The version number is in the top right corner of the Scene Setup panel. 

If Element is locking up after you have made a lot of adjustments try selecting the layer, pressing the U key twice to show all of the modified properties in the timeline, and then reset the properties that look like they might be putting some stress on system resources. 

You might also want to check on the Video Copilot Forum or with Video Copilot Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting similar issues with my Element 3d on latest After Effects on both my iMac and Macbook Pro.

iMac is late 2015, top specs. i7, 32gb. R9 M395X 4GB and 1TB Flash.

I've tried reinstalling Element but no luck. I keep gettting loading cursor followed by rainbow ball when I open scene setup.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOs Catalina 10.15.7
Processor: 2,9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

My A.E version 22.1.1
The Element freezes up and doesn't respond too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects Team has been receiving reports of crashes and hangs related to using the Video Copilot Element 3D effect plugin in AE 17.1.1.

We have just been notified by Video Copilot that they have released a patch for the plugin which resolves the issue.

It can be downloaded here: https://www.videocopilot.net/products/recent/mac/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This fixed the crash issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me as well, many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work, is there any other method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn't open. are there any other solutions as the element 3d seems installed fine but the moment i open the scene setup it hangs and start spinning the colour wheel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with me, i tried everything (reinstall it, take another version..) , if you have a solution please tell me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and me. was working earlier and now its not. No changes to anything !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND WORKING again .. instlled patch and it fixed .  (for now) worked before doing this and then stopped again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Composition>Preview and click it to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines