Element 3D is crushing!

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 
i have the problem in this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfcEaECQV0
Im using in project Element 3D  and every time im trying to preview after effect is crushing,
I deleted the cash, updated after effect but nothing! 
Any help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

I donnow how or why, but it worked out by itself.
One day i open the project, and not it didnt work but it also crush immideatily and threw me out of After Effect so i let it go for a while.
A few days after i ried again, the software didnt crused, i have change to SSAD instead of ray traced  and lo and behold it gave me the look i wanted..

Here is what i did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhDBFxftks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you also delete the cache of Element 3D? You go into your Scene Setup, click File, Preferences, and then clear those 2 cache buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it didnt help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info nobody can tell you much, but from the screen capture it seems you have mundane graphics driver issues. The effect clearly crashes when your "screen" objects aren't in view and no shadows are generated, which could indicate a memory leakage. The usual steps apply: Check your driver configuration, install a different version to improve compatibility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Mylenium 
System info:
NVIDIA geforce rtx 2070 super
and:

tsurielh69235026_0-1615800733833.png

Is that enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Element requires GPU acceleration and the list of supported GPUs is pretty short. If your GPU is supported, the drivers may not be up to date. If your system is right on the edge of compatibility reducing the frame size of the comp may help a bit. Unfortunately, we know nothing about your system, your OS, or your comp other than the fact that you have applied Element 3D to at least one layer. That's not much to go on.

If your GPU is not supported you are out of luck until you upgrade your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rick Gerard 
I have just given Info about my System one comment before you and i have already checked all my drivers. they are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright! 
So i have been playing a bit with the Settings and i found the problem!!
here you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvk_VP9t3s

The problem occures only if the "Ynet" headline is on +  i chose Ambient Occlusion> AD mode>ray traced.

1) If i turn off the headline inside the Element 3D, and leave AD mode on ray traced on, it still works!

2) If i turn on the headline inside the Element 3D  i have to choose SSAD on AD mode in order it will work, otherwise, if i leave it on ray traced, its crushing!

BUT again when i have the headline on and i choose AD Mode: ray traced its crushed!

Now i need both of them,

ANY suggestions please?? @Rick Gerard  @Mylenium  @ToolfarmJP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to videocopilot.com, sign in to your account, download the latest Element 3D installer, quit After Effects, run the installer, open After Effects, and try again.

I just updated my OS on my MacBook Pro, Element was crashing, I installed the latest build and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I donnow how or why, but it worked out by itself.
One day i open the project, and not it didnt work but it also crush immideatily and threw me out of After Effect so i let it go for a while.
A few days after i ried again, the software didnt crused, i have change to SSAD instead of ray traced  and lo and behold it gave me the look i wanted..

Here is what i did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYhDBFxftks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines