• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty comp rendering out to 50MB

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am totally dumbfounded here. I'm trying to render out literally anything, even an empty comp and my file is exporting out huge! For example I just brought in an image around 600KB, project settings at 1080x1920 for 26sec and it rendered it at 600MB - codec H.264 (Match source - High bitrate). My older projects are still rendering as they usually do. But a new empty composition in the same project will render at 50MB. Is this a bug? 

p.s. I'm on CC. I've uninstalled AE and encoder several times, updated, tried older versions and checked on 2 other computers. Still same problem. I have no one who can help me so I would really appreciate any advice. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

I figured out the problem. It was something I came across a few times while searching but I was looking in the wrong area. I had to go in encoder to preferences - metadata - export options and choose 'none'.  This fixed it.

p.s. I do have a general understanding of how compression works but this was beyond me and I still don't understand this particular issue. Maybe you guys could/would like to explain this a little as I've seen this issue come up a few times but it has not been explained proper

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the rendering tutorials in the User Guide. Understanding formats, standards, and compression is an important part of the video editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many factors and variables for both the "huge" and the small sizes. If you don't have the control or the knowledge to adjust the output in any application the same thing will happen to you. With you taking a little time to learn how compression works and everything that Rick mentioned regarding the video codec you need in at least what is necessary for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out the problem. It was something I came across a few times while searching but I was looking in the wrong area. I had to go in encoder to preferences - metadata - export options and choose 'none'.  This fixed it.

p.s. I do have a general understanding of how compression works but this was beyond me and I still don't understand this particular issue. Maybe you guys could/would like to explain this a little as I've seen this issue come up a few times but it has not been explained properly, nor labeled properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines