• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser tool not remembering for other frames

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community. (Blimey, it was hard enough working out how to post a question!!) 

Mac user here. Everything is up-to-date (mac included).  

I've erased an unwanted line (or ten) from a layer (an image from illustrator). There are NO keyframes. It's just one vector graphic. Though I have added an opacity expression [wiggle(30,30)] to mimic neon flickering.

When I play it back (in the composition or in the layer), the lines come back in some places.

At first I was baffled, but as I write this, I'm guessing the 'wiggle' means there ARE keyframes, I just can't see them in the usual way. Perhaps the solution is editing the images FIRST before adding an opacity wiggle. As it makes no sense to have to erase the lines from every keyframe. Thoughts? 

I'm new to this package. (old hand at illustrator and photoshop).  Am I missing something?

Also, surely, it's simple to take the static with the erased element and simply ensure that's what's seen on the other timeframes? I couldn't work that out.  

Plus, how do we edit or remove an expression code, if I ALT CLICK the opacity it just goes back to a blank 'form'... even though it's still coded, it doesn't remove the previously written code. (Exuse my lingo if that's not making sense, I'm not a coder). 

Can someone help please on one or all of that?
Ta. Ra.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think after erasing the line from the image/layer try precomposing the layer and then apply the wiggle expression.

To remove the expression you can simply delete the line of expression you wrote and it will remove the expression or select the layer property with the expression and then go to the animation menu > Remove expression.

You can also convert the expressions to an animation using the following option - 

1. select the layer property with the expression

2. go to the Animation menu > keyframe assistant > convert the expression to keyframes

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what you are seeing because After Effects has no eraser tool. If you delete a path, it will be gone. Cached files occasionally will hold on to the information, but a new ram preview or purging memory and disk cache should solve the problem.

If you made the change in Illustrator and you are importing as a composition, things can get fouled up if you delete layers in AI. You can delete shapes in a layer, but you can't delete a layer without fouling up the automatic updates in After Effects when you save the modified Illustrator file.

If you convert Vector layers (AI) to shapes and use shape layer animators, you will have to redo the conversion. Most of the time, converting a vector layer to a shape layer is unnecessary.

If you can't figure things out, we need embedded screenshots showing the modified properties of the problem layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines