Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Error cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback.

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my Mac is compatible for After effects? I'm new to after effects, so I'm not sure if my computer supports it. I have installed the program recently and I come to find this annoying, incessant error " Error cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback." and I tried all the solutions; purging, increasing disk cache size, and preserving ram. This issue doesn't seem to go away. So I just wanna know if my computer's the problem or something else! Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 2.51.45 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the work area. It's easy to hit the 'B and 'N' keys without moving the CTI (current time indicator). That will always throw an error. 

If you are new make sure that you take a few minutes to go through the Learn workspace or the Learning Resources on the After Effects Home screen so you get a basic understanding of the UI and basic workflow. Then spend some time with the User Guide. It is always available on the AE product page or the landing page for this forum. 

After Effects is NOT a video editing app. It is designed to create shots and short sequences that you cannot create with your NLE. Most of your comps should be one shot. Almost all of my comps are less than 7 seconds because I work on movies and the average time between cuts on most movies is around three or four seconds. Don't rely on YouTube tutorials from enthusiasts that have discovered the secret recipe to a magic effect. Most of them are poorly explained and some have truly awful workflows. Make sure you vet your trainers. The number of views is no indication of the quality of the tutorial. For about 6 months on this forum, the number one camera tracking question came from users trying to follow a truly terrible camera tracking tutorial that had more than 20,000 views. 

When you have specific problems with a layer or a comp embed a screenshot that shows the modified properties of the layer you are having problems with. Cropped screenshots and screenshots that don't show what is going on in the layers are almost useless in diagnosing problems. *The Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines