Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: Bad image 0xc000012f

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked a lot with Adobe After Effects in the past. I did not change anything but now it won't start. When I try to start the program, I get the following massage popup:
"AfterFX.exe - bad image
c:\windows\system32\msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."

I allready tried to uninstall and re-install, I tried to install an older version, I tried uninstalling and than installing in clean reboot, I delted all the temp files and I updated my windows to the newest version, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Also: The Adobe After Effects App is the only one with this issue, Photoshop etc works just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I worked a lot with Adobe After Effects in the past. I did not change anything but now it won't start. When I try to start the program, I get the following massage popup:
"AfterFX.exe - bad image
c:\windows\system32\msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."

I allready tried to uninstall and re-install, I tried to install an older version, I tried uninstalling and than installing in clean reboot, I delted all the temp files and I updated my windows to the newest version, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Also: The Adobe After Effects App is the only one with this issue, Photoshop etc works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Microsoft's website and download the installer for the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. Run the installer and choose repair. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was a quick and easy solution, it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines