Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when launching After Effects 18.1

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez, 

When I launch After Effects I get a message saying I can't continue, due to the AE preferences inside the Library.

I read a post that suggested to rename the version's folder inside the preferences OLD_8.1 instead of 8.1. I did it, then I right clicked on the adobe folder changing not only my username but everyone to Read and Write. 

I'm using a Mac Os Big Sur version 11.2.3

The problem persists and the suggestion was to contact Customer Support but there is no direct chat for single apps. what can I do? 

Thank you in advance for your help

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects. We'll try our best to help.

Could you share a screenshot of the error along with the screenshot of the About This Mac so that we know what we are working with?

Meanwhile, you can try the suggestions mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes/td-p/106841... 

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines