• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors/Bugs in Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using AE in Windows 11 is quite annoying. The software has a few bugs which destroy my workflow.

1. The preview (play/stop) breaks after using it a few times.
When I press the spacebar noting is happening in the composition window. The play/stop icon in the preview is changing but the footage doesn't play. The blue/green cache bar is green so everything is pre-rendered, that is not the issue.

2. Audio (latency)

It is not really latency because the audio still plays in sync with the footage. But after pressing the spacebar, the audio starts a few seconds later.

3. Freeze on close

After experiencing these bugs I want to restart AE. But when I press the X button in the top-right corner AE freezes and I have to close it via the task manager. 

It would be very appreciated if these bugs can be fixed.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As written elsewhere, at this point AE isn't even fully endorsed to run on Win 11, so the best course would be to downgrade to Win 10. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for the updates to trickle in.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I've read differently elsewhere. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html\

The website trough the link shows a scheme which Adobe apps are compatible with Windows 11.

One of the items in the scheme is Adobe Creative Cloud apps with a few exceptions like Dimension, Animate and Dreamweaver. AE is not one of the exceptions. Next to that the software has to be 2022 version, which is available voor AE.

There is a second scheme for known issues and bugs. AE is not even mentioned in this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That audio bug is so annoying. I Hope Adobe fixes it quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, j'ai exactement les mêmes problèmes que vous avez eu.
Avez-vous réussi à corriger le problème ? Comment ?
Voici mon post : https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/help-after-effect-pr%C3%A9visualisation-hs-...

Merci de votre réponse !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in 2023. Nothing has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, I really hope they fix this. One day a better optimized software could come along and it would be too late to realized by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that it this bug happens when I have my air pods connected via bluetooth. When using my bluetooth sony headphones or ones plugged in via cable, I can work without the playhead not functioning. So it must have something to do with bluetooth / airpods or whatever. I am waiting for the adobe team to follow up on this for nearly two weeks and am now beginning to find stuff out myself. So check if switching your audio helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i figured that out the same way too. The weird problem is that it used to work perfectly after I changed the audio output to airpods, but now when i change it the ae freezes, and restarting doesn't help unless i disconnect airpods completely. (which can be a hassle if you're working with audio-based motion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just glad I'm not the only one having the preview/play completely stop fuctioning over and over and over. Most of the time I have to completely reset my computer. It's making work in AE all but impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who comes through this post because of the same problem. I found some way to solved this problem

You need to play whatever sound on background "all the time" while you working with After Effect on windows 11 OS, it solved this problem.

I try this solution to my airpod 3 and other bluetooth headphone and it's work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked like a charm! Thank you! Now I just have a 10hrs ambient sound on low volume all the time lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines