• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphic: different font styles, one line. Is this possible.

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making my first essential graphic template. I love it. The design I am working with has centered text with two words in "regular" and one word in "bold". I would like to have the text changeable in premiere. 

When the editor types, the text needs to stay center justified yet the first two words must be "Regular" and the last word "Bold". This is in the design and I cannot change the design.  Is it possible? Really only the last word will change but the words will very from May to November and must be centered. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

It was one line, so I did break the one line into two, one text layer with the Regular text and one text layer with the Bold Text. I justified it left and right It is working and the work around is that the user will have to put in spaces to make the text centered.  Thank you. The idea of breaking the text into two lines what what I needed.! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristyE,

I was able to achieve what you wanted. If only the third word needs to be changed, just include the Source Text for the bold font that you wish to use in the Motion Graphics template. Do not add Source Text for the other two lines since they don't change anyway.

Make sure to use the Character panel in After Effects to center align text before exporting the template, that way all text stays centered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WONDERFUL, thank you. I'm going to try it now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was one line, so I did break the one line into two, one text layer with the Regular text and one text layer with the Bold Text. I justified it left and right It is working and the work around is that the user will have to put in spaces to make the text centered.  Thank you. The idea of breaking the text into two lines what what I needed.! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. The screen on the right in After Effects has "SUBJECT TITLE" using the Raleway font. The first word "SUBJECT" is bold and the second "TITLE" (and all following words) are normal.

When I create the essential graphic and use it in Premier, once I change the header text, it all changes to the bolded font.

I somehow need to be able to have the first word (or words) in bold, then the following words normal. It all needs to be on the same one line and centered, and all these words needs to be editable.

I've spent hours on this and so far I am completely stumped on how to do this. This is a part of a collection of title screens, info bars, lower thirds, etc., that I am doing for a project and they all need to be consistent.

Would love some help please.

Regards,

Kevin

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you by any chance solve this? I'm having the exact same problem here... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I almost go there using expressions, but the main problem is.  That if I bold a text or change the font the it doesn't track correctly with the other font.  AKA the spacing of the letters doesn't change so they might start to climb on each other.  The only fix I found was to have the text transition in on premiere and adjust the text there.  I could not get it to work in the mogrt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines