• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics, Collapse Transformations, and 3D binning

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very edge case, but I'm having an issue where the essential properties of duplicated comps in the same 3D bin with Collapse Transformations on renders the properties of the highest comp in the stack. Here's an example using playing cards. AfterFX_2022-05-11_09-53-40.png
Essential Properties: Text Source, Text Color, Hearts/Diamonds/Spades/Clubs Checkbox

1. King of Diamonds - Text shows K with appropriate color. Diamonds are shown.
  2. Jack of Clubs - Text shows J with appropriate color. Diamonds are shown.
  3. Queen of Hearts - Text shows Q with appropriate color. Diamonds are shown.

Inserting bin breakers fixes the rendering issue, but then ruins the 3D shadow casting.

AfterFX_2022-05-11_09-55-16.png

Has anyone run into this issue? Is there a fix? I can work around this, but it would be nice to know why it's happening and if this behavior is intentional.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It pretty much works as it always has. It's inherent in how AE's render order works and how certain combinations of switches and layer order affect processing. That and of course there seems to be a major issue with EG not isolating instances correctly, thus causing a mess when switching content only inside pre-comps without actually changing a parent level property. If you are savvy enough, simply use your workarounds for the time being.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, @Mylenium. Have you had these kinda of issues? EG have been working great for me in all other configurations so far so it was disappointing for this example to fail. 

For anyone that may discover this later on (assuming it's still an issue) - if your EG comp can be split into separate comps that remove the rendering issue, you can do that to get around this. Using the example above I have simply created separate comps for Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs, and Spades. I believe the expression linking the opacity of each suit layer to the Checkbox effect was the culprit here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines