• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics - Edit Range missing

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a mograph with Essential Graphics, but I can't edit range. I've been watching tutorials, and the "edit range" option should be right next to the sliders in the Essential Graphics panel, but they are not. See screenshots. What am I missing? Is it a bug with the latest version of After Effects?Missing.JPGIn tutorial.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

If you drag the parameter directly to the essential panel you will not get the range option, you should create a slider control then parent the parameter you want to that slider then use the slider inside the essential graphics panel 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drag the parameter directly to the essential panel you will not get the range option, you should create a slider control then parent the parameter you want to that slider then use the slider inside the essential graphics panel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that worked 🙂 Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth is there no parameter for doing this naturally inside the Essential Graphics panel? It's ridiculous that we have to jump through all these hoops linking to sliders in order to limit these values. I don't understand why it wasn't included at the very beginning, it's so rudimentary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is such an annoying thing. You'd thing it should just work.

I'm also not able to see the keyframe toggle in Premiere. Even when I animate in Aftereffects it doesn't show (not sure if making mogrt in earlier version is the problem but if I'm exporting it, it should work right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines