Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics panel - Mogrt - Template

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I followed all the instructions to make a mogrt. file as a template for Premiere Pro.

Everything seems to work in AE.

When I drag my mogrt. in the Premiere Pro timeline just doesn't work !

No animation ! Just a still image!

Does anyone gots this issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks !

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without specific info about the contents of your project and how they are linked to the MOGRT we be can't tell you much. Provide some screenshots and more detailed explanations.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply,

They are linked by the library.. simple animation going on.. just to test !

But nothing happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if your assets really are CMYK as the overlay for the Illustrator app suggests, then of course nothing will work. For video, everything needs to be RGB or else the artwork gets flattened and is uneditable. You may want to read the online help on such basics. Otherwise I'm still not clear what you are doing here. None of your artwork actually has any controls, so how do you expect to edit them? Again, I think you need to revisit the help and read up on the specifics, no offense.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe I haven’t been really clear,

I build the animation in AE, which is supposed to be in RGB by default,

Really no matter the editing, that’s kind of working...

Premiere doesn’t play the animation...

Thanks anyway for yr help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator was just on at the same time..and you saw the CMYK profile..
but really hasn't anything to deal with my issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to provide details on what you have done in AE. So, share any Expression you've used and provide ScreenGrabs of the Timeline and Comp Panels so that someone may possibly see the issue and then provide a solution. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, but as Roland said, we still need soem screenshots that actually tell us something such as the AE timeline with the exposed exressions and EG panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help,
Ok, let’s say I create a simple animation in AE, a circle moving with position keyframes, and text scaling,
I drag these 2 simple properties in EG panel and I export the main comp to the library, once in Premiere, it appears in the library, and I move it to the timeline, but no animation at all, just a still image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way you've used the EGP is incorrect. When you dragged the Transform>Scale and Transform>Position properties into the EGP, a Warning Panel/Message should have appeared; telling you that dragging properties with Keyframes into the EGP will nullify the keyframes.

RolandKahlenberg_0-1665485917037.png

They way to get around this issue is to use Expressions to allow the EGP/MoGRT user to control the values associated with the Keyframes. Not easy BUT this is how it's done. 

Think about it. Your properties have two keyframes and each keyframe is associated with a value and time - they cannot be separated. When you drag the property into the EGP, you should take note that the EGP has no timeline and no indication of where these two keyframes are, in time. Hence, a design decision was made by the folks that developed the EGP to ignore/nullify such effects/animations brought into the EGP. Not doing so will result in mindless animations since there is no indication where in time the EGP values are being adjusted and yet they will have to be calculated. 

If you want to retain the animations in these properties, as they are, then you do not have to drag them into the EGP. Leaving them, as is, in the Timeline will allow them to animate, as expected. 

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And does the "Modifica" tab actually show the controls?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, guys!
Start to make sense..
So I can’t add a property with keyframes to EGP ?
I mean, not the easy way..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll require Expressions in order to use/adjust keyframed properties that you place into the EGP. There have been a number of posts/threads on this in the forum. You should be able to find them and pick up a few examples as you do. HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your help was precious to understand the first steps of the EGP.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most welcome. 
Have a great day ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines