• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential graphics still taking render time to process internal layers which are invisible

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a composition that's rather complex with say 30 layers and a 3D camera which I'll call "Main Comp".  I want to be able to render certain layers as separate alpha .mov files to be re-composed later for color correction etc. (for example layers 1-3 4-6 and 7-12 as different files). I know I could precompose those layers remembering to duplicate the camera so those precomps each have the camera to make the 3D layers work.  

I thought I could improve this workflow by actually nesting my "main comp" inside a number of other "export" comps and in each one using essential graphics on each copy of the "main comp" to disable the layers inside of it with opacity sliders leaving only the layers I want to export at %100.  This method is more ideal because I have speparate comps for exporting but still just one main comp where I can tune all the layers together if adjustments are needed.

The problem here is that when I went to render, each export comp which should only have to process the few layers enabled within their copy of the "main comp" took equally long as if they were processing all the layers in the "main comp".  I wonder if it's possible for Adobe to fix this so that essential graphics switches actually turn off the processing power required to process those internal layers when their opacity is %0.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I edit a post after I've posted it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this sums up my issue. Techincally in each of these nested comp layers the same number of internal layers are visible however the one using essential graphics to disable it's internal layers is taking 7 times longer than the copy which uses solo switches.

Screenshot (365) 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing wrong. that's just how it works. essential Graphics are just another container around the AE stuff and it will only evaluate once it actualyl renders. It has no knowledge of any internals and thus can't pre-optimize. If you're realyl that concerned about performance, you have to hard-set these things by actualyl duplicating the comps and optimizing their layer structure, meaning to delete or hide/ solo them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines