• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics template from AE to Premier - Kernable text?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a template in After Effects for use in Premier.  I have successfully gotten it to work.  However...the text in Premier can only be changed within a text box that doesn't allow for Kerning or changing different letter sizes (I can add a slider for uniform scaling but not individual letters).  Is this currently impossible or am I missing something?  I know Premiere has the ability to make Essential Graphics as well with fully editable text.  Is there a way to do this with AE too or is it just not compatible?

Thanks for any help.  

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't control kerning, the spacing between individual letters, but you can add "Animate/Tracking" to a text layer, add an Effects Control Slider to the layer, tie the tracking amount to the slider with an expression and then add the Slider Control to the Essential Graphics panel.  I've done this before, and I've also tied the Tracking amount to an expression that expands or contracts the tracking on a text layer so that it fits inside a pre-defined box. 

RickGerard_0-1679109130828.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply.  I did know about that, but unfortunately it works on a global level for the entire text rather than between specific letters.  Some fonts require some adjusting in specific places.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines