• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential property does not accept the input value

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having strange behaviour from AE (22.2 but also happened in at least the two previous versions). I'm inputting the desired value into an Essential property, but when I hit enter, the value that is applied is divided by 100 or so. And inputting the target value multiplied by 100 gives me yet another weird result.

Ex : I want a value of 80. I input 80, hit enter, and it displays 8. I then input 8000, hit enter, and it displays 50.

The only way to get the value I want is by click-drag, which takes a long time because for some (maybe related) reason, the click-drag also increments slowly whenever the issue arises.

So far it's only happened on Position properties I think. The property was always nested two Comps down.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about the underlying rigging we can't really tell you much. Could be some expression doing weird things or a property range being limited/ converted in the first place. Also check for any input issues with your keyboard and language settings. Adobe apps often respond oddly when they encounter unusual combinations of language settings or a customized decimal delimiter not consistent with the region setting. Anything more than that will require more details, including at least soem basic system information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for answering quickly @Mylenium !

About the keyboard, it shouldn't be an issue knowing that I often input values manually without any issues.

About the rigging: if there is something affecting/constraining my value, shouldn't I see it on the original property? There is no expression on it, and the layer isn't parented. I'm attaching a screen capture where I show the rig the best I can (for some reason, the capture displays my cusor higher than it really is, sorry if it's confusing). I forgot to mention that whenever I input a value of 0 or a negative number, the input value is 'refused' and does not even create a keyframe when I hit enter.

My system info:

Windows 10 21H2

After Effects 22.2

I hope this sparks a light. In any case, thanks for taking the time to answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines