• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experience extreme lagging when using the type tool

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a relatively simple project with only a handful of live text strings (5?) and am running into extreme lagging and performance issue such that my project is effectively unusable. I've tried lowering my preview resolution down to "quarter" but nothing seems to help. Like I said, the project is small; no videos, all assets are 1x, etc.

Any help on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.

Ben

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultrr070aca1h82,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Which font are you working with? Is it happening while working with a specific font? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue too with AE 2021, version 18.6.2. No linked files, nothing but shape layers and text.

There is a serious lag overall, not just text. It's about 1 second, and when I type a message in AE, it only registers about every other character I type. I've resorted to typing things in a text editor and copy/pasting to AE (several times bc the first paste doesn't even work).

I have several extensions and scripts installed. could this be the issue?

Macbook pro

processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Graphics:  AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. I'd suggest doing a preferences reset: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

If it doesn't help, try removing all the scripts/extensions one by one and test the performance. It'll help you to narrow down the issue.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding. I tried upgrading to 2023 and it seemed to have fixed the issue. I was using an older version because a plugin I was relying on was very buggy in later versions. Will keep in mind if I need to revert back. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines