We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
OK - please forgive me but this iss my first AE project ever. I'm trying to add GPS Data (Speed Altitude Direction) to a video I made out the window of a plane as it landed.
I was sucessful with the creation of the GPX file that I converted to the MG JSON file. Everything looks great when I preview the file in AE, but when I export using Media Encoder, the data is lost. The overlays show, but show zero mph, the altitide indicator bar is stuck at zero, and my direction is pure south, which is incorrect.
I did 2 exports earlier today before I walked away from the computer for the day. The first one exported fine in the begining, but in the final 3 mins (About a 10 minute video), it failed. I had a speed of zero mph, my altitude meter was weird. The bar showed Zero, but the text showed a different number. My compas showed pure south.
The second video had no data off the bat. Like I said, the overlays are there and everything looks well in the project preview window, but the data is not transsfering from the MG JSON file into the final version.
I've attached screenshots of my issue. I can attach my aep file if you would like, but will it do any good without the raw video and data?
Cropped screenshots don't tell us anything about how you set up your comp or your workflow. We need to see the whole UI and the modified properties of the problem layer. Select the problem layer, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties, then take a screenshot of the whole thing. If more than one layer is causing problems we need to see all layers.
If the exports are not working then you don't have the comp setup properly to render, or your data is missing. We need more details.
Ok, I see a lot of JSON file layers. Many of them do not extend the length of the comp. I do not see any render details. I don't see the other layers in the comp. I'm not sure why some of the layers are trimmed. That makes no sense at all to me. I see 9 data layers with the visibility turned off. I see no layers that are using that data.
Have you purged all memory and disk cache? Are you following the recommended workflow from the folks supplying the tools you are using?
Sorry that I cannot be of more help. What you are doing is going to require a fairly good understanding of the UI, basic expressions, and the workflow. If you are just poking around inside AE trying to figure this out let me know. I can maybe point you in the direction of some useful tutorials.
One more thing: * The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.
If you are just poking around inside AE trying to figure this out let me know. I. YES
can maybe point you in the direction of some useful tutorials. PLEASE. I would appreciate it.
The reason there are so many layers is I bought these as templates from someone else online, so all of the layers that he included should stil be in there.
(I had a feeling that the original cropped images wouldn't be useful. I was only trying to give you a visual of my issue. I knew you would need more info, but didn't know what specifically you would need.
Unfortunately, I think this is might be a bug with AME. Unable to import data from a CSV. At least according to this post from April: ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/no-ae-csv-script-data-when-exporting-with-ame/td-... )
This is such a shame that you've stumbled across this one, as it's unusual. Don't let it put you off AE. The workaround is to render using AE's Render Queue and than compress the video in AME after.
I'm in the middle of processing it that way now. Unfortunately it's taking forever to proces, 7 hours for a 10 minute video. (I read up on that and will play around with some settings later on. I might know what the problem is.
I'll report back when it's done.
It worked. Using the After Effects' Renderer worked. It must be a glitch in Media Encoder. Thanks Guys!!!