Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export issue with 23.1 version

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I started using After Effects on my computer (Windows 10) few months ago and I didn't had any problem with exporting my videos in Media Encoder until recently.

Last month I updated After Effects and Media Encoder and I now work with 23.1 version of both. Then, I began working on an existing project and this message appeared: "After Effects: this project must be converted from version 22.6 (Windows 64). The original file will remain unchanged.". So, I clicked on "OK" and I started working on the converted project. Once I finished, I tried exporting the project through Media Encoder as I usually did : files > add to Media Encoder queue > preconfiguration (H.264, Source match - high throughput) > play

The problem is that the file I get isn't functional: it can't be opened (my video player display an error message: "Unable to read the file. The file type may not be supported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be damaged.") and it weighs only 1 kilobyte. I tried solving the issue through an Adobe help tutorial (https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html) but it wasn't helpful.

I think the problem came from one of the recent updates I made in After Effects or Media Encoder (not sure which one is the cause) since I followed the same process of working as before.

Does anyone encountered the same issue? Or do you have any idea of what can be done to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug where files cannot be exported if the folder and file names contain special characters. Ergo you would have to forego these and use plain English names. Outside that of course the usual hardware acceleration issues could be at play, so check this stuff.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed your advice by changing the name of the file and the folder, now the exports work correctly! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines