Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to ProRes completely wrong colors

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a strange problem when exporting to ProRes material from After Effects.
The customer requires Pro Res 4444 in Rec709.

The exported video is completely wrong in terms of colors. Orange tones for example are bright red and the contrast is way too strong. It does not match the input material at all.

If I export in a different encoded, H.264 for example, the colors are correct. Even if I convert the exported ProRes via Media Encoder to H.264, the colors are correct again.

Since it is material for a customer with fixed defined colors, it is quite problematic.

What is going wrong? I have the latest version of AE installed.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by checking the hardware acceleration and multiframe rendering settings. There are definitely issues with hardware accelerated decoding/ encoding of native formats such as ProRes. Reverting to software-only rendering may also produce better results. Otherwise I believe it's simply buggy and you may need to rely on the workarounds you already tested.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But only software rendering made no difference. I also checekd the settings. I see no problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When rendering, what does the Color Management options say:

output.PNG

And what happens if you render out an image sequence first and then use AME to create a ProRes video?  I take it the client wants ProRes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines