Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression Control for Keyframes

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Lemme explain the situation first, I have 4 keyframes on Position (X,Y) and I need to control 2nd,3rd and 4th keyframes with expression (slider or something)

Help me with Expressions.

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you need to control? The positioning? The timing? You need to be more specific, as the solutions will differ on what you actually want to do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna control the layer's position keyframe's value, not the time between keyframes!

Ex.

Position Key frame 1 [200,350]

Key frame 2 [250,400]

Key frame 3 [300,450]

Key frame 2 [350,500]

Now I needed to control the 2nd 3rd and 4th keyframes value with the slider. (with expression I want to control the keyframes value, not the keyframes position)

Scaredy Cat! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have a misunderstanding here and using expressions would be an inefficient workflow. Why not simply create a layered workflow by applying your base positions to a Null, then parenting the layer to the Null and animate its realtive position? Since you'd have to keyframe whatever sliders and position controls you need, anyway, that would be much more straightforward. I can really see no need to make it more convoluted than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines