Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression SourceRectAtTime After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valentina2407775334l9_0-1650219630991.png

Hello, Iˇm completely new in AE and spend my whole day on this. I want to move the text up as it is typing itself, but it shows errors. Iˇm working step by step with YT videos and this seems to me like hard programming. Iď be thankful for any help ♥

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That expression looks like it belongs somewhere else, not applied to the Source Text property. The last line of the expression is trying to subtract a two dimensional value from the text itself. It looks like it's meant for a position property maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with Dan. It's not meant to go in the source text, but rather the position. Anything more we can't know, since you haven't provided a link to the tutorial you mentioned.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Dan and Mylenium, you´re right! I put it into the position and it´s working!

Valentina2407775334l9_0-1650280243332.png

The youtube video was this, in case that somebody in the future will have the same problem: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCrUU_GyXk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines