• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression to Remove Every 6 (N)th frame Telecine/Transfer/PullDown issue

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is a pull down/Transfer to video issue. There is a script (Expression) that can be run in After Effects to remove every N(6)th frame I just don't really understand the expression fully or how/where to put it in the comp in AE.

I have some old video that was telecined from film to video and they added a duplicate frame every 6th frame. Is there a way in Premiere Pro CC or After Effects other then export out the film as still image sequence to remove every 6th (Nth) frame?

thank you in advance,

CHING

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the expression code or for that matter the source where you got it from nobody can answer that, either. Chances are it is supposed to go into the tiem-remapping property to skip over frames and pull the rest together, but we really can't know for sure. You need to be more specific and provide the info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an expression for that, you probably need to enable time remapping for the layer and then apply the expression to time remapping.

The expression needs to do the math to go from time in seconds to frames, then calculate the the number of duplicate frames up to that point in time and then increment the time result accordingly.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a few codes just not 100% on use and how to apply to the time remapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines