Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extended precomp not fully rendering in main comp

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am really strugglin right now with this issue and havent found any solution after 1 hour of research.

So I have a main comp in wich i have a nested precomp, that contains some 3d stuff. 

Now i needed the content of the precomp for 2 seperate clips, just slightly adjusted so i made a copy of it into the second main comp, which is about 1 second longer though (7 seconds istead of 6).

Therefore, i extended the duration of the precomp an all its content. The precomp itself fully renders the 7 seconds when previewing it and als also tracks the right way etc. 

Somehow though, when i preview or render the main comp, the duration of said precomp remains 6 seconds long and its content just disappears 1 second before the clip ends, even though i extended the precomps duration everywhere needed (also in main comp ofc).

Does anyone know what am I missing here?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the length of the precomp as well? You should make a copy of both the main comp and the precomp, then go into the 2nd main comp, select the 2nd precomp in the Project panel, and hold Alt while dragging it over the 1st precomp in the 2nd main comp.

Hope this helps!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sorry that i didnt clarify this, but I am already using a copy of the precomp. So this shouldnt be the issue, but thank you anyways for your efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I thought so, just making sure. Can you send a screenshot of the issue? This could be an issue with cache..

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah of course. Sadly, it doesnt seem to be a cache issue, i purged all cache but it didnt change anything. Here for better description: (Sorry for German UI and File Names, i hope you can figure it out anyway)

ORIGINAL-MAIN-COMP-1.jpg

So this is the first main comp. The "Portal" Pre-Comp ist the one i am having trouble with. 

Here for the second comp:

SECOND-USE-MAIN-COMP-2.jpg

As you can see, i updated the tracking, rotation and positioning and for the duplicated Portal Pre-Comp, and called it "Portal 2", but nothing else. (Except the Rotorscoping but that is on a different layer so probably irrelevant). I also extended the duration in the Second Main Comp to said lenght (6:12 seconds), before this, the duration of the original Pre-Comp "Portal" was about 5 seconds.

PRECOMP-2.jpg

Now as you can also see in the Pre-Comp itself, it fully renders in correct tracking position even after the 6 second mark.

MAIN-COMP-2-AFTER-6-sec.jpg

When i am after the 5.something second mark in the Second Main Comp though, the portal disappears. 

As i would like to reuse the Portal Pre-Comp many times in a row, it would be a lot of work to always make the portal up from the ground in a fitting Pre-Comp (duration wise). 

A different solution would be to make one 30 second or so Pre-Comp with the Base-Portal in it for future use and just shorten it when needed (designing and animating takes me some time ^^), but if i could fix this right out of the box it would really save me some time.

Thank you for your support so far, i hope this helps explaining my issue further. I also attached the screen files in case the ones in text are compressed or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines