• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extending Audio to Front of AE Template

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete AE novice.  I purchased a template that has title and media placeholders.  The template I purchased did not include the audio file but is supposed to integrate with it easily, so I made the full audio purchase.  The AE template begins at around the 27th second of the audio file, but I want the beginning 26 seconds of the audio to be included in the template.  I would like a simple black screen to show for the first 26 seconds that the audio plays.  Then, I want the template to start with its first sequence at the 27 second mark.  Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

This can be an issue with template projects. The creators tend to lock down the project, in theory to make it easier to get the end result, but I suspect it's also to prevent adapting.  And it makes for a terrible learning experience.  

In the timeline, each layer with sound has a speaker icon.  If you want to hear the full audio from the mp3, you can drag this into the timeline and it will play through.  You can turn off the audio from the other layers or trim the newly added mp3 to get just th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A layer is a layer is a layer. It can be moved around, trimmed, stretched, time-remapped or whatever and audio layers are not treated different than pixel-based layers of whatever type. You may want to read the online help on such basics. Simply dragging the audio layer's bar in the timeline will probably suffice. If not, you have to provide better information and a screenshot so we can potentially tell you what needs to be done.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snip of the project and part of the timeline.  I just imported the audio file, but I'm not sure what to do from here.  The unimported audio file is 1 minute 34 seconds in length.  The AE project starts at second 27 of the audio and I want to add a layer (or layers) to the beginning of the project to include the initial 26 seconds of the audio.  There doesn't have to be video for the first 26 seconds, as long as the audio plays.  Then, the video/audio sync at second 27. 

Do you need additional snips?

Kimberly2971959880da_0-1683223023940.png

Kimberly2971959880da_1-1683223477055.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be an issue with template projects. The creators tend to lock down the project, in theory to make it easier to get the end result, but I suspect it's also to prevent adapting.  And it makes for a terrible learning experience.  

In the timeline, each layer with sound has a speaker icon.  If you want to hear the full audio from the mp3, you can drag this into the timeline and it will play through.  You can turn off the audio from the other layers or trim the newly added mp3 to get just the bit you want and play it to begin where you want.  If you use . on the numberpad, the timeline audio will preview without updating the visuals, which can make audio "editing" easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, ShiveringCactus!  After dragging the MP3 into the timeline, I selected all of the video layers and dragged them to the point of the audio where I wanted the video to start.  Not hard at all - just needed to know the basics on doing that.  Thank you, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines