• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extractor NOT working

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a render in Maya and wanted to work with the extractor effect. But when I click on a chanel to bring up my render passes, the extractor menu does not come up. How do you fix this? I have restarted twice and it still doesn't work. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info, most importantly what file format you sue, what your render settings were, what channels, what version of AE and so on. This isn't going anywhere. You need to be much more specific and precise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, I am having a similar issue here. I am rendering out .exr files from Maya 2019 with Arnold 4.2 (Render settings in screencap attached) and when I bring into AE I am able to apply the extractor effect but there is no "click here to open dialog" line like there usually is and when I click or right click either in general area or on any of the R, G, or B channels, no Extractor dialog box appears it just remains the same (screencap attached). I am using AE 2020 & 2021 and have the same issue in both versions.  I have checked & confirmed the latest version of the plugin is installed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I change the file output type to tif in Maya, all the AOV passes render out correctly, so I am wondering if it is my .exr settings (I also have the arnold denoiser on) or something in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with C4D and Redshift EXtractoR dont work anymore with openEXR as a Multi-Layer File 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting format to EXR(Octane) and checking multilayer file saving as an OpenEXR and getting nothing in AfterEffects 2021. None of my render passes are being recognized. Seems like a persistent problem. Hopefully Adobe can find a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you guys find any useful infor regarding this? 
I have the same challenge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXtractoR is still not working in AE 2024. I'm on an M1 Mac trying to composite and exr that's been rendered from Unreal Engine. The .exr is showing all the passes in DaVinci but not in After Effects. Does anyone have a work around? Is there an alternative plugin available to read multi pass exr files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi danw84,

Could you share a sample file with us to test? Feel free to DM me the download link if you do not want to share it publicly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines