Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Extremely slow preview in After effects

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

So. After about 1sec of "normal" preview my preview gets extremely slow sometimes stopping completely for about 3-5sec, even though the preview resolution is 1/8 of the composition and the Framerate is set to skip 5 frames.

My hardware shouldnt be a problem. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, a RTX2080, 32GB of 3200MHz RAM and a really fast PCIe 3.0 SSD. When previewing the RAM usage gets out of control quickly but even when the Ram is not full the preview lags.

TOPICS
Performance, Preview, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The usual applies: Those are issues with leaky drivers and you can't fix them from within Ae by pushing a magic button or whatever you imagine. You have to sit down and configure your hardware correctly such as updating your graphics driver/ installing a different version and playing around with settings.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines