• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Startup and Slow Dynamic Link Connection Between After Effects and Media Encoder 2020

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started to experience an issue where it takes Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder almost 2-3 minutes to launch. This happens every single time you launch the software so it doesn't matter if you close it and then try to launch it again, the same result occurs.

I have looked up different solutions on here but none of them have helped. Here is a little bit about my PC.

Processor: i9-9900k @ 3.60 GHz

Memory: 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4

Storage: Western Digital SSD x2

Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super

Adobe CC: Up to date

I have uninstalled all of Adobe's suite using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and tried to reinstall the programs in two different locations. Every single time it takes these specific programs approximately 2-3 minutes to launch. 

The only thing that I did prior to this issue is that I moved the Media cache location to another SSD. I tried moving everything back to its default location with no success. I keep going in circles trying to resolve this because another workstation with the same settings works perfectly fine so I'm not sure what is causing this issue here. Is there any way to completely remove CC and start completely fresh? I do like to install my software on a different SSD so I don't clutter up my Windows OS SSD but I am fine with installing CC on the regular C:\. I have tried this before but, again, no success. 

Another issue I am seeing is when I send a composition to render with Media Encoder I'll have to click it twice to get the start-up screen to show up. Yes, I know I should be using the Render Queue but I was doing this before without any issues, and the reason why I am asking about it now. When Media Encoder finally does show up my composition is not in the queue and I have to click on Export in After Effects to get it in there, but only after about 5+ minutes of waiting. After the composition is loaded to Media Encoder I then get error messages that Dynamic Link is not working or that the project can't be loaded. I do eventually get it to work by clicking on the properties so I can change the encoding and finally get to make the changes I need. Needless to say, this has caused me to lose time on edits.

Have any of you experienced this and have resolved it?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have sufficient RAM dedicated to other apps in your Preferences/Memory settings. Adobe likes multiples of 4 GB and the other apps need at least 2, 4 is better if you want AE and the Media Encoder to work well. That's the first place I would start. 

I would also keep the AME open if you are using it a lot. If I am planning on using AME to render a bunch of comps that will render fairly quickly I always open up Media Encoder and keep it running in the background. If I have projects that take longer than a few seconds a frame I always use the Render Cue and most of the time a BG rendering solution like RenderGarden. I have several, Render Garden is my favorite. You can continue working in AE on other comps while projects are rendering and some BG rendering solutions have the option to create an image sequence (highly recommended for very complex comps) or a movie file and an H.264 MP4 for client review at the same time. Your fans will work hard, but you can save 50% to 75% rendering time with most BG rendering solutions and not have to wait to start a new comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off an internet connection.Then it will start immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works so well.  What the hell is wrong with these people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my god this thing annoyed me for years. Your tip seems to work really well but why the heck ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines