• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extruded 3d Text on Video with Shadows_ problems...

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to incorporate 3dtext, with a shadow, placed in a video..

I have figured out almost all of this except..

I can only seem to extrude text when render engine is Cinema4d, but I can't access the Mode Panel in the layers, to hit Multiply (to make my Solid layer transparent_

In the Classic Renderer, I can access the mode panel, with the Multiply option, but then I can't extrude the text..

Any Ideas on the work around?

Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sadly, Firefox crashed as I was trying to edit it and I lost that window of opportunity! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Raytracer is not there just for legacy. There is supposed to be a bridge between the C4D Renderer and the Raytraced Renderer. You can switch between each renderer seamlessly with the exception of losing Accept Shadows Only, Transparency, Refraction and Motion Blur - I may be missing one or two more lesser features but all the main properties for extruding in AE is fully compatible between both renderers. IOW, when the Raytraced renderer is dropped, one only needs to change the renderer to the C4D renderer. It's been about 6 years since there was talk of dropping the Raytraced Renderer - I highly doubt it will be dropped anytime soon as lots of folks are able to take advantage of the huge productivity gains from a CUDA card.

My thoughts are the renderer will only be dropped when the C4D Renderer catches up in terms of speed, with one or more hardware renderers and when its features have at least achieved parity with the Raytraced Renderer. Till then, having access to the Text Tool's Animator Features and true hardware acceleration via CUDA, make the Raytraced Renderer a compelling choice for a wide variety of projects that require basic but great-looking Animated 3D Text and 3D Shapes.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's me told! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are lucky 😉 I need one of those cards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines