• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper not working after the update

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently updated AfterEffects to CC 21 and since then the eye dropper tool is acting weird. I have attached a video, you can see it wont pick any color within the composition but it works perfectly fine outside the composition window. Is it a bug or am I doing sth wrong?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's not working in the preview port, i could be a GPU problem so be sure to upgrade your GPU driver to the latest vesion 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I updated the drivers but no luck! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi byGrais5EBC,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using. Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Go to Edit > Preferences > Display and uncheck "Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels".

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Nishu, THANKS A TONN!! That worked!

I think the issue is with my video driver, casue everytime I open AfterEffects it will show an error window saying "Unsupported Video Driver". I've tried updating all my drives but that error still pops up. I need to update my system.

Btw my laptop has Intel i5, nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 16gb RAM,windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines