Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facing issue in AE with Alpha matte

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently opened an old project of AE

On my M1 Mac. Alpha Matte on layers are not working. 

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for writing in.

After Effects is not natively supported on M1 chip based computers yet. Hence, we're unable to provide any troubleshooting. Sorry about that.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, is it going to be compatible in future? If yes, when can I expect it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Is it going to be compatible in future?

If yes when can I expect it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a lot of testing on an M1 Mac. Premiere Pro and Media Encoder Beta are now Universal apps and they are both working amazingly well. The After Effects beta and AE 2021 are both still intel (rosetta) but I am having very few problems with either version. I have not installed 2020 on the test machine but I do know that it is pretty easy to foul up the display of a track matte or matte effect if you have draft 3D enabled. Check the Comp Panel settings. Unfortunately, you cannot easily see the Draft 3D setting unless you have or temporarily add a 3D layer. Draft 3D kills the alpha. Fortunately, if you click Final Quality in the Comp Panel, Draft 3D is reset.

Even running in Rosetta, I'm finding AE amazingly capable and fast on my bare minimum MacMini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines